Saturday, 28 August 2010

Time to check over the bike

The bike itself has been my priority over the last few days. First I had it checked over - pedals tightened, brakes and gears tweaked. Then today, I bravely let myself loose on it (as you can see)!

No sooner had the tyres arrived in the post, I was dismantling my cracked Bontragers in place of brand spanking new Continental Ultra Gator Skins.

Almost at the stage of giving up (when I didn't have the strength to push the last section of tyre up and over the rim), I suddenly found a 'make-shift' tool which enabled me to finish off. Phow..how proud I felt of myself! Even getting the 'quick release' wheels back on the bike only took me a mere 10 minutes (a vast improvement on the 3 days last time)!!

Thankfully there were no hickups along the 50km route I then completed. However given the noise and strength of the winds, they were hardly conditions to be listening carefully to the workings of the bike.

1 comment:

  1. Replacing tyres is the worst thing I will tackle! I'm taking a couple of screwdrivers and a puncture kit in case its necessary. Also a pair of rubber gloves to try to keep the hands half clean. The jersey looks good and I think you are right - a 'uniform' always makes you feel the part (I hope).

    ReplyDelete