Not feeling too well this evening. A bit weak and light-headed. But hopefully nothing that fish 'n' chips can't put right!Maybe down to the two shifts I've done in the previous 26 hours, or the fact it was dull which made me just want to push on and get it over with quickly!
More isolated and the scenery a bit less inspiring also - pig farms and disused barns, rather than the usual pretty villages. I even found my first, very slightly rolling countryside!
Add to that the extra 15km I did as a result of poor 'route memory' which very nearly meant riding home along a substantial length of the very busy A59, and a spot of foot cramp that I suffered with ... all in all, not the most pleasant ride.
At least the sun came out for the last half hour, in time for discovering the picturesque village of Askham Richard with its little duck pond!

No comments:
Post a Comment