Sunday, 28 March 2010

TRAINING RIDE 1 - Scary in more ways than one!

Well, that was my first proper training ride, that's to say on my road bike.

It certainly rides well, although the side winds were pretty nerve-wracking. How I didn't end up in a roadside ditch I'll never know! It's one thing getting used to the narrow riding position, but with the wind swirling all around me, at times I was holding on for dear life!

Then there was the deafening noise of the headwinds which also scared the life out of me, made all the worse by the odd passing train! Also, the first time I've ever worn a cycle helmet - think I need to remember to tighten it, as every bump I rode over nearly caused it to dislodge!

However, nice terrain - the closest thing to a hill being the frequent railway bridges. Oh this is going to be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment