Thursday, 4 March 2010

The secret's out, so there's no going back!

After a few years of pondering, I've finally decided to go for it! What is it this time? I've hung up the running shoes and instead am going to cycle all the way from London to Paris!

Yes, that's over 300km by bike, spread over 3 days this coming September. And no, I'm not cycling through the tunnel, or crossing the channel by pedalo! I'm glad to say, the organisers are kindly arranging a ferry transfer!

Why am I doing it? To raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association - a cause obviously close to my heart. But not only this...

The event also combines another great interest of mine - the Tour de France cycle race. Introduced to it by my Dad about 25 years ago, I've enjoyed following it ever since. I was even there on the Champs Elysee in 2004 to see Lance Armstrong win his record-breaking 6th tour.

Although not quite in the same league, for me London to Paris presents a gruelling personal challenge, not to mention an exciting opportunity to 'live the dream' of cycling into Paris to finish beneath the Eifel Tower.

It'd mean a lot to me if you would support me in this challenge, by donating to the MND Association at www.justgiving.com/clares-tourdefrance

In return I'll keep you up-to-date with all my preparations and also, technology permitting, progress during the event, by way of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment