Wednesday, 21 July 2010

TRAINING RIDE 14 - One step ahead of Le Tour

While the professionals took it easy, I was back in the saddle after my much needed rest day yesterday. Not quite the Tourmalet to follow, rather a completely flat 81km, but I was still pleased to complete the route in 3hrs 40mins.

Skirting around the edge of some rain clouds, luck was back on my side. Even the thunderbugs were back to manageable levels.

Now I know about the Great Yorkshire Show, and today I nearly put training to one side in order to go to the Driffield Show, but the North of England Potato Event??? This is certainly a new one on me, but hey I still managed to find it! It was hardly swarming with visitors, in fact other than 2 sign posts, a tractor and a couple of tents it looked deserted. Not surprising really as I've since found out (from a quick 'google', yes I emphasise 'quick' - I didn't get carried away!), it actually took place yesterday. Now there's one to look out for next year ;-)

However on a more serious note I did learn the other day, that I live in quite a potato growing region, none other than 'McCains' apparently having a factory nearby. My local knowledge certainly is continuing to widen!

No comments:

Post a Comment