What a day! 6.5 hours, 115km, 2 hail storms!Knowing that the cloudless blue sky was never going to last, I thought it's about time I discovered how my bike handles the wet.
Rain is one thing, but torrential hail storms?? The lanes were awash, I was drowned as a rat, my feet and hands numb!
Fortunately a bright spell in between allowed me to dry off a little, and inspired me to keep to my planned route. However the final 10 minutes were pure agony due to painfully slow progress through the town centre and being conscious that the clouds were drawing in yet again.
Quite literally I didn't know what to do with myself when I got in. My thighs were pounding and I was soaked to the skin! I actually thought it might be more comfortable to get back on the bike!
However, several hours later, feet now carefully defrosted, I'm starting to feel human again, even if a little weary. Unfortunately though any sense of achievement at the 115km seems to have long been washed away!

Well done! That is a remendous effort. You've got there before I have - I reckon another 2/3 weeks before I'll crack the 100km. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI'd be pleased with 115 km spread over a week in glorious sunshine! Inspiring stuff, Clare!
ReplyDeleteHey, you'd have no problem at all! You could do this in your sleep!
ReplyDelete