Sunday, 30 May 2010

TRAINING RIDE 10 - Lightning does strike twice!

So much for sunny spells with a sprinkling of light showers! After another soggy ride I really don't think much to the weather forecast!

Despite chickening out of an extra 10km loop in an attempt to avoid the dark clouds approaching from the Moors, I still ended up getting caught five times! No sooner would I remove an outer layer to enjoy the sunshine and blue skies, the strong winds would bring along the next short sharp hail storm. Pelting me from all angles, what is it with me, hail and the Hambleton / Howardian Hills?

Quite how a local cricket match which I passed at the end of my ride looked to have escaped the rain I'll never know!

Anyway, with my second longest ride (81km) completed, I'm feeling ready for the challenge which lies ahead of me three weeks today - London to Brighton with Team Super Bailli!

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than I am. I chickened out on Saturday, but it was pretty bad down here. Made up for it today. It looks like the moral of the story is to avoid places beginning with 'H'! Good luck for the London/Brighton. I'm still debating the Chichester event on 22nd.

    ReplyDelete